Friday, June 13, 2008

Didi, Main Samajhdaar Ho gaya..

Every cloud has a silver lining. I was unaware of the practical implications of the saying until a month ago. Having been advised a complete bedrest on my personal bed I chanced to see at the break of day and at the onset of evening so many a movies that I never thought I would have watched. It might be hard to believe that it was the first time I watched all time classics like DDLJ or Hum Apke Hain Kaun(HAHK)or Maine Pyar Kiya or Dil or Hum Hain Rahi Pyaar Ke or Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin or DTPH.

Then I regretted not watching them at their proper or release time. I tried to find out the answer why I did not see all those classics before? Infact, I have never been a great movie buff but in my early twenties (which I still believe I am in :-) ) I started picking some of them by chance because the only PVR in my city opened very close to “The Cheers-The Chilled Beer Shop”

My analysis says that the time when DDLJ or HAHK etc were released was when I was in my teens, full of anger and disgust. My plans were limited to bully schoolmates or being bullied by them. Ladai-Jhagda Maar-Peet were the favourite timepass. So were my favourite films and actors. Ghayal, Ghatak, Damini, Salakhein, Loha, Kshatriya were my favourite movies and Sunny Deol was my favorite actor.

Khair now I know why DDLJ was such a big hit and what a piece of entertainment it still is!!! I still think it succeeded becoz of that last action packed sequence when Raj picks up his gun :-) Action Lovers die hard :-)

Me and my Didi always had a fight when the “cable wala” showed DDLJ on one channel and Ghayal on the other.

“kitni ghatiya picture hai didi, tum humesha hi ise laga kar baith jati ho pachason baar to dekh chuki ho!! Wo lagao na Sunny Deol waali.”

“Beta ye samajhdaar logon ki picture hai, gunde mawaliyon ki nahin…”

Didi, Looks like main samajhdaar ho gaya…ab mujhe DDLJ samajh aatee hai…

1 comment:

pushpak said...

kya guru samajdar ho gaye ki bevkoof ho gaye yeh to pata nahin per for me Sunny Deol ka koi muqabla nahin kyun ki aaj bhi Police aur Politicians waise hi hain ...
Har Muhalle mein ek katiya khada hai ...