A few weeks ago I attended an interview of a major IT giant. The interview was for some 10-12 odd attendees half of them being girls. Most of them were 3-7 years experienced and looking for a smooth sail. As usual I was late by a large larger and largest margin. I believe you will call 4 PM as late for a 1 PM call. But what I saw there was something so natural, so usual and so obvious that I was not at all taken by surprise. These 3-4 pretty prettier and prettiest girls were mugging up something from a book which was proportionate in the weight to their mass. Although I had to leave but I stayed there to see those books (of course). They were the girls from all the nooks and corner of India. Punjaban by mass, Bangalan by eyes, Southian by everything that I could barely see and don't ask me How did I identify the Marathan. The crisp is that they all were busy mugging up something or the other. Now can anybody answer this for me?
- When I was in fifth standard She was in my bus and kept reading till the last minute of the class test or examination. ("She" here is a common noun representing the whole fairer community)
- When I was writing High School /Intermediate board I could see "She" whether in rickshaws, autos, on foot, buses, cars or at the back seat of her father's/brother's scooter she was busy learning sorry reading sorry mugging something or the other.
- When I was writing JEE/UPSEAT or any other entrance examination I again saw "She". This time also she was doing some research or invention by reading those coaching notes.
- When I was in College I again saw her whether it be Class Test or End Semester "She" was again doing some extraordinary research till the last minute and till the final semester.
- Then came the campus recruitment interview this time also "She" became slimmer and her book became fatter. Till there was a call from interview board, she was discovering something in this book. She went a few steps then again came back saw something important in the book turned a few rims of orient glossed paper and then finally went to the interview panel.
- And then this inteview for senior laterals. God! they were hiring program managers and "She" was again found doing some research till the last minute